لَّا تَجِدُ قَوْمًا يُؤْمِنُونَ بِاللَّهِ وَالْيَوْمِ الْآخِرِ يُوَادُّونَ مَنْ حَادَّ اللَّهَ وَرَسُولَهُ وَلَوْ كَانُوا آبَاءَهُمْ أَوْ أَبْنَاءَهُمْ أَوْ إِخْوَانَهُمْ أَوْ عَشِيرَتَهُمْ ۚ أُولَٰئِكَ كَتَبَ فِي قُلُوبِهِمُ الْإِيمَانَ وَأَيَّدَهُم بِرُوحٍ مِّنْهُ ۖ وَيُدْخِلُهُمْ جَنَّاتٍ تَجْرِي مِن تَحْتِهَا الْأَنْهَارُ خَالِدِينَ فِيهَا ۚ رَضِيَ اللَّهُ عَنْهُمْ وَرَضُوا عَنْهُ ۚ أُولَٰئِكَ حِزْبُ اللَّهِ ۚ أَلَا إِنَّ حِزْبَ اللَّهِ هُمُ الْمُفْلِحُونَ
Translation of meaning: You shall not find those who believe in Allah and the last day – that they befriend those who have opposed Allah and His Messenger (1) – even if, they are their fathers, or sons, or brothers, or clansmen (2); they are those on whose hearts Allah has stamped iman (faith) and helped them with a spirit from His commanding (3); and He shall admit them in gardens beneath which rivers flow, therein to abide for ever; Allah being radzi with them (4), and them being pleased with Allah (5); this is the party of Allah; verily, ONLY Allah’s party is victorious. [Holy Quran 58:22]
(1) – It means that it is impossible for it to be enacted by believers and it is definitely not befitting them that, nor does iman (belief/faith) tolerate that Allah and His Messenger’s enemies be befriended.
From this verse we know that mingling and bearing affinities with kafirs, people of bid’ah, and those who show no adab to Allah and His Messenger – is NOT allowed. Note that kufr IS the LOWEST form of adab-less-ness towards Allah and His Messenger.
Those filthy zanadiq who pretend to be scholars of Islam and do their best to polish the boots of their kafir masters with their tongues, citing adab left, right, and center, need to take note that kufr is the lowest point in lack of adab (manners/etiquette) as it is lack of adab to Allah and His Messenger. These shayatin wish for adab to be shown to their filthy faces, and for adab to be shown to their kafir masters, like the satanist, the filthy scum, pope benedict, and yet they are BLIND to see the adab-less-ness to Allah and His Messenger. May Allah damn their faces and those of their kafir masters!
(2) – Therefore, our master Abu ‘Ubaydah bin jarrah, killed his father jarrah, in the battle of Uhud; and our master Abu Bakr Siddiq radzi Allahu ‘anhu, on the day of Badr, summoned for his son, ‘abdur Rahman for a duel, but the Prophet ﷺ did not permit him for this; and our master Mus’ab bin ‘umayr killed his brother ‘abdAllah bin ‘umayr; and our master ‘Umar ibn al-Khattab, radzi Allahu ‘anhu, killed his maternal uncle ‘aas bin hisham bin mughiirah, on the day of Badr; and our masters ‘Ali bin abi talib, and Hamza, and Abu ‘Ubaydah, on the day of Badr – killed the sons of rabii’ah, ‘utbah and shiibah, and waliid bin ‘utbah, who were all their relatives. Those who believe in Allah and His Messenger have no concern for close affinities and family relations [if such people oppose Allah and His Messenger].
(3) – This “spirit” refers either to help coming from Allah, or iman (belief), or the Quran, or the archangel Jibreel, or the mercy from the Almighty, or light [of faith and guidance].
(4) – Due to their faith and sincerity and obedience. It is not allowed to use the english word “pleasure” or “pleased” for Allah as a literal translation for reasons, beyond the scope of this short post. Muslims should either use the phrase “reward from Allah” or leave the Arabic intact saying “Allah’s Ridza” or Allah being “Radzi”.
(5) – Due to His Mercy & Grace.
More on the exalted character traits of our Masters Muhammad Rasulullah ﷺ and our Master Ibrahiim and other prophets, ‘alaihimus salam, staying aloof from their relatives who had no faith – shall follow – with direct examples from the Quran – bi idhniLlah.
And Allah alone grants success.